09 Mar Mac & Cheese Soup
Recipe by: Chelsea Butler
Hey look! An online recipe you don’t have to scroll to the bottom for and be attacked by advertisements. Cool!
- Serves 6-8 people (or one really hungry humanoid)
- Prep time 10 minutes
- Cook time 30 – 40 minutes
- A pair of hands (optional)
- Some music, probably this on repeat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_jWHffIx5E
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 2 – 2 ½ cups elbow macaroni
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups cream
- 3 cups of milk
- 3-4 cups of sharp cheddar shredded (add more to taste)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Green onions for garnish (optional)
- Your own spit (optional)
- In a pot, bring water to boil. Throw some elbows… of macaroni noods in there. Cook until el dente, strain and set aside. Snack on a few here and there if you’re low on carbs.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot sauté the chopped carrots and onions with a little butter on medium heat until onions become translucent. Add in garlic and sauté for another minute
- Add in the 1 cup of butter. Once the butter has melted add in flour. Stir consistently so you don’t burn the flour you dingus! Do this for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Cook until carrots are soft, sensitive and emotionally vulnerable. Add in milk and cream and bring down to medium-high heat. Allow soup to thicken for 20-30 minutes. During this time, think of how well you’re effectively using your time. You’re a freaking rockstar! Once the desired thickness is reached, take off heat and send in the noods.
- Slowly add in cheese while continually stirring to avoid clumps, lumps, and bumps! Add more cheese to taste. Maybe throw back a handful down your gullet, you deserve it.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with green onions and cheese.